NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 5 – Periodic Classification of Elements provides detailed solutions to all the questions as per CBSE guidelines. The solutions are in sync with the NCERT textbook and have been solved by subject matter experts, in accordance with your understanding level of Grade Ten students.
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 5 – Summary:
- Elements are classified on the basis of similarities in their properties.
- Döbereiner grouped the elements into triads and Newlands gave the Law of Octaves.
- Mendeléev arranged the elements in increasing order of their atomic masses and according to their chemical properties.
- Mendeléev even predicted the existence of some yet to be discovered elements on the basis of gaps in his Periodic Table.
- Anomalies in arrangement of elements based on increasing atomic mass could be removed when the elements were arranged in order of increasing atomic number, a fundamental property of the element discovered by Moseley.
- Elements in the Modern Periodic Table are arranged in 18 vertical columns called groups and 7 horizontal rows called periods.
- Elements thus arranged show periodicity of properties including atomic size, valency or combining capacity and metallic and non-metallic character.
Periodic Classification of Elements NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 5